COVID-19 has transformed the way we carry out our daily lives and experts across the world predict these changes could be in effect for years to come. As people slowly begin to make their way back to shared spaces, what can be done to ensure their comfort and safety? And how will this pandemic reshape our existing buildings as more individuals work from home, fewer people travel and more students move to online courses? Join our panel of experts for a discussion on the future of existing buildings as they explore healthy building strategies, retrofitting opportunities, and social distancing design techniques that will help these shared spaces adapt to the demands of a post-COVID world.
- From waiting rooms to meeting rooms and patient wards to open offices, thoughtful ventilation design is a key part of keeping people safe in shared spaces.
- The type of ventilation system in these spaces plays an important role in preventing the transmission of COVID-19 and other pathogens that are transmitted through respiratory droplets.
- Understand the growing importance of trusted spaces during a pandemic.
- Explore ways that your facility can evolve with the needs of your tenants and building’s occupants, both leveraging and contributing to data driven operations.
- Evaluate opportunities to provide transitional spaces within typical building layouts that anticipate changes in daily habits.
- Break down big picture trends to understand the future of climate, COVID and resiliency.