Climate is important to everyone involved in designing the built environment, what we do at building scale influences the microclimate at the neighbourhood or masterplan scale of development. Understanding microclimate is key to creating comfortable, low energy developments.
This seminar will help you to understand and learn about the following topics:
- Understand how climate is fundamental to design
- Understand the microclimate interactions between the building scale and the community scale
- Discover tools and techniques for modelling microclimate
- Identify how to harness microclimate to create low-energy, comfortable internal spaces
- Be aware of potential adverse effects of climate and learn how to mitigate them, particularly when working on projects where the climate may be unfamiliar