Making your design work with its natural surroundings requires careful consideration of the local microclimate, including wind and solar conditions. This seminar will provide an understanding of how the microclimate can impact passenger safety and experience and why it needs to be considered in airport design. Designers will be provided with guidance on what can be done to identify, assess and mitigate potential impacts in the early stages of design in order to reduce risk while maintaining design esthetics.
- Impact of microclimate on airport design and how it can affect passenger safety and experience.
- Understand wind induced phenomena that can cause high wind loads and service issues
- Understand the conditions and building features that can lead to solar reflections that negatively impact the safety of the surrounding environment.
- How microclimate, wind and solar effects can be assessed using appropriate tools.
- Understand examples of mitigation and design measures that be implemented to result in a safer outdoor environment that maximizes passenger experience.