COVID-19: Protocols & continuity planning
Last update: 9:51 AM EST on January 7, 2021
About RWDI’s COVID-19 safety guidelines
The well-being and safety of our staff and clients are our top priority at RWDI.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, we have taken proactive and precautionary steps to protect our team, our clients and, by extension, your loved ones and wider communities.
The purpose of this information is to keep you updated on our steps as an organization. It reflects our best knowledge at the time of posting (reflected in the timestamp) and will be continually reviewed and updated as necessary.
This is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for any official guidance provided by your official and local health authority.
CURRENT RWDI SAFETY LEVELS
Due to regional variations in the global COVID-19 pandemic, we have applied a level (detailed below) to each region (and specific office, if necessary) to clarify the protocols in place. Each level incorporates the guidelines from the preceding levels.
Asia-Pacific & Australia – Variable Levels
Crows Nest – Level 2
Kuala Lumpur – Level 2
Mumbai – Level 2
Shanghai – Level 4
Singapore – Level 2
Sydney – Level 2
Trivandrum – Level 2
Europe – All Offices at Level 2 (Orange)
North America – All offices at Level 2 (Orange)
Ft St John
*for all other locations, contact local office for more details
RWDI’s COVID-19 safety guidelines
We have adopted a level system, ranging from level 1 (RED) to 4 (GREEN), to ensure a clear understanding of the current protocols in place at RWDI globally, and to keep everyone apprised of new changes as they happen. When a level is applied to a region and/or office, it incorporates the guidelines from the preceding levels.
If you have any questions regarding our COVID-19 safety guidelines, please review our FAQ section which is updated on a regular basis. In addition, questions can be directed to Regional VPs (for clients) or your immediate supervisor/HR (for staff).
Thank you for your understanding and patience as we all navigate these unprecedented times.
Regardless of the office level status, every RWDI employee is expected to follow the three essential steps that health authorities have confirmed are essential to reducing the spread of COVID-19 and all viruses:
- Adhere to physical distancing guidelines and wear a mask. Wherever possible, keep 6 feet/ 2 meters (or 2 arms’ length) away from people not included in your household. In addition, wear a mask in public or near people not in your household, especially when physical distancing is not feasible.
- Wash your hands frequently throughout the day with warm water and soap. Hand sanitizers and alcohol wipes are helpful too, but soap is the most effective in making viruses, like COVID-19, inactive.
- Stay home if you are not feeling well. Even if symptoms are mild, during a pandemic of this nature, you MUST stay home. Consult with local health authorities about next steps.
Further, we encourage all staff to adhere to local public health recommendations for your region.
Safety Guidelines for COVID-19
RWDI’s Safety Guidelines are based on our extensive internal COVID protocols including:
- Returning to RWDI Workplace
- RWDI COVID Field Safety
These guidelines are summarized below, however if you would like more detailed information about these protocol documents, or the specific restrictions/guidelines by level, please contact us.
Level 1: RED
Description: The office is completely closed, and access is restricted for staff or clients.
Level 2: ORANGE
Description: Production (Model Shop, Wind Tunnel, Field Bays) and Field staff are operating with enhanced restrictions; all other staff are working remotely.
- Same precautions in place as stated in Level 3
- Enhanced COVID-19 screening assessments for anyone entering RWDI
- Where applicable, ventilation and humidification in workplaces is reviewed to comply with building recommendations with respect to limiting the spread of the virus. (This applies to buildings with mechanical ventilation).
- All office staff work remotely, whenever possible.
- No client access to RWDI office locations. All client meetings will be held virtually.
- Staff visits to RWDI client locations is restricted to contractual obligations and must have the prior approval of the Regional Vice President or local leadership.
Level 3: Yellow
Description: Production (Model Shop, Wind Tunnel, Field Bays) and Field staff are operating with restrictions; office staff work remotely (where possible) or in the office (only if physical distancing protocols can be safely maintained).
- Same precautions in place as stated in Level 4
- Restricted to zones (Guelph location) or field bays/equipment rooms (outside Guelph)
- Enhanced COVID-19 public health protocols including physical distancing, increased sanitization and handwashing, limitations on staffing levels, restricted or directional movements in public spaces, training on and use of PPE.
- Public areas such as lunchrooms and common meeting areas (conference rooms) will not be used or will be restricted based on occupancy and special hygiene requirements
- Same precautions in place as stated in Level 4.
- Enhanced COVID-19 public health protocols including physical distancing, increased sanitization and handwashing, limitations on staffing levels, restricted or directional movements in public spacing, training on and use of PPE.
- Public areas such as lunchrooms and common meeting areas (conference rooms) will not be used or will be restricted based on occupancy and special hygiene requirements.
- Client access to the building will be restricted to contractual obligations where onsite observation is required. Any clients visiting the facility must comply with the same regulations and restrictions required of the RWDI staff, including enhanced screening and PPE requirements. Where possible virtual meetings are encouraged.
- Staff visits to RWDI client locations are dictated by local regulations and require approval of the Regional Vice President.
Level 4: Green (No physical distancing restrictions in place)
Description: All staff are operating with movement restrictions and gathering restrictions (as per local public health recommendations).
Production Areas and Office Areas
- Enhanced COVID-19 public health protocols including sanitization and handwashing, staff limits (dictated by local regulations) in common areas
- Client access to the building will be restricted. Any clients visiting the facility must comply with the same regulations and restrictions required of the RWDI staff. Where possible virtual meetings are encouraged.
- Staff visits to RWDI client locations are dictated by local regulations.
- Any national or international air travel requires the approval of the Departmental Manager or the Regional Vice President.