Helicopters are a necessary transportation vehicle. They are nimble enough to navigate within the urban realm making them ideal for emergency transport. Owners are also using them as a regular transportation option in congested cities. The benefits of helicopters are derived from the manner in which they land and take-off which also causes the largest set of problems. This webinar will address the challengers of helicopters around buildings – both in flight and on the landing pad. These challenges include excess air movement, poor air quality and odour, nuisance noise and vibration impacts along with safety of flight. The problems will be described, potential mitigation discussed, and means to analyze these explored.
- To understand the physics of air movement around a helicopter and how that impacts the built environment both during flight and while on the landing pad
- To understand the aerodynamics around a building and how to minimize adverse effects on the aircraft.
- To learn the air quality impacts from a helicopter and how to mitigate
- To understand the noise and vibration impacts from a helicopter both during flight and while on the landing pad and mitigation options to deal with them
- To learn how to site a landing pad, using passive strategies, to reduce the effects on patient rooms/conference rooms/residences/etc