1 Day workshop - Honolulu
27 July, 2018 08:00 - 17:00
WELL-Faculty Led Workshop (Registration Only)
Early Bird Registration ( US $50 ) ends 30 June.
Standard Registration ( US $75 ) starts 1 July, ends 22 July.
Reserve your seat today and take advantage of early bird pricing!
This full-day workshop is a definitive introduction to WELL. Participants will build on introductory topics, such as the organization and development of the WELL Building Standard, to intermediate topics, which outline key process within WELL Certification. Key public health research is discussed to provide a basis for the seven WELL Concepts, and project support tools and resources are outlined. The process for developing Alternative Adherence Paths are presented in the context of a scenario, as well as procedures for seeking equivalencies, using Crosswalks, and developing innovations. Finally, preconditions are presented in the context of a project scenario, and a breakout activity which utilizes expert groups and a project checklist allows participants to consolidate their learning.
A light breakfast and full lunch service will be provided.
- Describe the structure of the WELL Building Standard, including the certification process and the key differentiators.
- Explain the intent of each WELL Concept and identify key public health issues which underpin them.
- Outline how to leverage the extensive resources and citations within the WELL Building Standard to demonstrate the value of WELL Certification.
Session 1. WELL 101
- To Be WELL: An Introduction
- Buildings as Preventative Care
- The Value of WELL
- Seven WELL Concepts
Session 2. WELL Certification in Context
- WELL Certification Process
- Alternative Adherence Paths
Session 3. WELL Features in Context
- Preview: Breakout Activity
- Breakout Activity: Project Scenario
Who should Attend?
Open to all professionals and students interested in learning the intent, structure, and implementation resources of the WELL Building Standard. We also recommend this session to those who may be entertaining the idea of registering for the WELL AP exam, but are not ready to take our full 2-Day exam prep workshop
Looking for WELL AP exam prep? See our full list of locations here: WELL AP exam preparation workshops
Questions about this training or request for a customized offering in your area? Contact email@example.com
Refunds up to 7 days before event. If a workshop must be cancelled by host due to unforeseen circumstances within 7 days of the event, registrants are permitted to transfer to a future RWDI/GBS WELL AP exam prep workshop.