The building envelope can have a significant impact on the overall building performance and both the short term construction and long term operation of a building. Therefore proper consideration of the potential environmental effects at the design stage can be of great benefit. This webinar will give a brief overview of the environmental effects that are of interest to the design of the building envelope, with a particular focus on wind related issues.
- Gain an understanding of the characteristics of the wind that are important for the building envelope.
- Gain an appreciation of the use of wind tunnel tests, and other methodologies as a tool for assessing the effects of wind on the building envelope.
- Discuss the calculation and presentation of the wind induced pressures on the building envelope.
- Discuss some of the aspects of the envelope that require special consideration.
- Gain a brief understanding of other environmental issues that can impact the building envelope, and how they might be assessed.